Skip to main content

Plagued by lies , read lice!


Ever had to lie to a boyfriend, hairstylist or a friend about the incessant scalp itching and as to why your nails are constantly digging into your scalp and your face looks like its going to explode??? Ever had to give silly excuses and admitting rather nonchalantly ,to having dandruff or sometimes writing off the itch as “effects of pollution” or “jus worked out so scalp sweat makes you itch” . Hey! Admitting to dandruff is embarrassing by itself but when it competes with the embarrassment of admitting to having hair lice, having tiny white flakes that stick on your shirt every time you move your head left to right, doesn’t seem so bad after all..

Well that’s pretty much how iv been dealing with this rather miserable and not to mention scalp burning catastrophe which struck me like thunderbolt (ok exaggerating a little here! ) . Here is how it happened!..

A couple of days ago my dads personal maid approached me with rather pink cheeks. ( ok ! so she is dark but the problem she had was worthy of blushing or so I assumed if she were a bit lighter in complexion, this is probably what I would have gotten to see!!) she complained to me about live lice and nits (head louse’s little babies aka eggs) infestation on her hair . Now ! I don’t claim to be a miss-know-it-all, but as a very confused and angry 10 year old, I remember the long painful hours I sat with my mother hovering over my head with a lice comb. For those who don’t know what that is, it’s a instrument of torture which was supposed to have targeted the lice but instead rips the scalp open of the user!. So I had a fair knowledge of how to deal with itchy situations like these. I straightened my shoulders with pride of being asked solution to a intimate problem as this, and started imagining the prospective bond she and I would share eventually. She would come to me with flowers and thank me many many times for helping her out in a tight situation and I would tell her its ok and she would wash my clothes with extra care coz she feels indebted etc…. all this day dreaming was interrupted by her sudden bout of maniacal itching!. So, I gave her the solution I deemed fit, and forgot about it.

In my selfish , ego centric desire to have the upper hand by helping her, I forgot the basics of having hair lice. The damned creatures can apparently jump upto seven heads to find a new home for breeding. So guess who was itching like a psycho a week after she left? Yes, that’s right, little-miss-know-it-all herself!!!

I started to frantically search for the instrument of torture . the reason I had to refer to my days as a 10 year old was that ever since then I haven’t really been bothered by lice, have had many many more reasons for headaches though! And as luck would have it, I obviously didn’t have “the comb”. So I began to fret and frown and decided to beg my mom to get one of those as I was obviously too embarrassed to step out while my scalp was itching till no ends!

Come on! Lets face it, the last thing we want is to be running ,our presumptuously soft and yummy smelling, freshly washed hair on our boyfriends faces and a hair lice ends up in his eye or worse! Mouth!!!..... ewwwwwwwwwww and very very worthy of going underground for the next ten years!

That’s when it occurred to me, HOW MANY PRODUCTS ARE THERE IN THE MARKET THAT CATER TO ADULT HEAD LICE????... iv tried and tested many products as a child, but never needed to venture in that line of thought as an adult until now!. The reason I was looking for a adult scalp treatment was that unlike children who are hardly bothered about having touch-me-soft hair and fancy expensive haircuts, or even the need to have a head full of fluffy hair to entice anyone who sets their eyes on it, all they are bothered about is to make their heads un habitat able to the creatures who have mistaken it to be their new home! But we as adults , are VAIN! And by that I mean , we not only want the little creatures out of their new settlement, but also aim for the treatment to be a miracle in other senses. We want the product to deliver, soft, manageable, frizz free, shiny, color protected, nourished, and of course fluffy hair!!!!!...........
Go figure~!!

The only product the shop keeper had was mediker, an anti lice treatment. Which does exactly and ONLY what it claims to be “ an anti lice treatment”. So, if a person wants accolades and a possible nobel prize all they have to do is to invent a magic potion that does all of the above , and I promise, they ‘ll find a place in “The history of hair treatment –the book”

Comments

  1. Hahahahha ! You're the only person I know who can make a topic like adult head lice so interesting ! ( Simply loved the line about headaches...modelling gain seems to be writing's loss...sigh...)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bubble of Life

    Feminine energy is commonly associated with softness, tenderness, lightness, maybe even an aerated state, it’s full of movement (Shakti), has its own current (vibe), it flows, has its own rhythm (influence). It’s a soft rhythmic beat, tender like a heartbeat. Soft but powerful. Tiny but potent.   Think of emotions as a flowing river (Blood). Imagine the countless bubbles to be countless memories that fill the water with air (DNA memory Imprints). Each memory bubble just waiting to burst, (to be looked into), only to merge with the rest of the flow, through the currents, giving up its individual resistance, in order to flow. Here on, it just has to be. It’s definitive in its own unique sense of identity, as a part of a whole. Alone and together. Yin and yang, north and south, it merges but does not lose or diminish in its power. It has access to the strength of the whole. It’s in a state of oneness. The merging results in you, being the state of oneness, to experience life seamless

Willpower

  The process of making and acting on decisions. An ability to guide, and channel our desires into fruition. The permission given by self, to think, act, react, respond or ignore. The ultimate source and supply of motivation and momentum. This is what comes to my mind, thinking about willpower. I often contemplate, on the source of this magnificent force, The Will. I think, it comes from desires, deeply rooted in tendencies, (vasanas) which I believe, have something to do, with our aural energy. Our aural energies, are made up of thoughts and emotions, stored as records on the cloud of our consciousness. We are here to experience life. There really is no concept, of settling down on this planet, but it clearly doesn’t stop some people, from wishing and trying. The idea is to create the “self”, not go outside of self, in an attempt of finding yourself. Sounds counter- productive. We are not lost items, that need to be found. We really just need to pay attention, to the meter of our heal